Who are we?
HilverdaKooij B.V. is a global player in selecting, breeding and propagating various plant crops. Its core activity is supplying starting materials for the cultivation of cut and potted flowers.
Our contact details are as follows:
1424 CA De Kwakel (NL)
P.O. Box 8
1430 AA Aalsmeer (NL)
Telephone: +31 (0)297-382038
Why this privacy statement?
We process personal data in order to provide our services. We are responsible for ensuring that this information is properly protected. We have to comply with the requirements of the privacy regulations. We aim to be transparent and inform you about the type of data we process, the principles and purposes for processing, with whom we share the data and what rights you have regarding your own data.
What data do we process about you?
We may process the personal data of
- (potential) customers, name, address, place of residence, telephone number, email address, contact person and delivery address.
- Candidates, name, address, place of residence, telephone number, email address, gender, age, civil status, CV, motivation letter. We store this data for a maximum of 1 year (with your permission) or remove it after filling in a vacancy.
How do we obtain your data?
In most cases, we receive the information directly from you. We may also receive information from third parties, e.g. agents.
What is the legal basis for our using your personal data?
We process your personal data on the basis of one of the following legal principles:
- You have given permission for specific processing, you can always withdraw your permission
- For the performance of the agreement
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For the representation of a legitimate interest
What is the purpose of processing the data?
We process your personal data with a view to the following activities in our company:
- Management of our relations with (potential) customers and visitors
- Conclusion and execution of agreements
- Data analysis for statistical purposes
- Carrying out marketing and promotional activities
- Sending newsletters
- Staff recruitment
- Compliance with legal obligations
With whom do we share your data?
We only provide data to third parties if you give your permission to do so, if this is required by law or if this is necessary for Hilverdakooij B.V.'s business operations.
- Bodies that need to be informed under a legal obligation
- External parties that process data under our responsibility and control, such as IT service providers and certain producers of plant material
How long will we keep your personal data?
We do not retain your information longer than is necessary. In some cases, the law determines how long we may or must retain data.
How do we secure your data?
We handle your data with the greatest care and take the necessary technical and organisational measures to warrant a suitable security level. More specifically, this concerns security of IT systems and physical security of our premises and certain areas where information is stored.
What are your rights?
- Viewing or correcting data; you have the right to ask us which personal data we process about you. If you so desire, you can have incorrect data modified or deleted.
- Data removal: in some cases, you have the right to have the personal data we have of you deleted. This is possible in the following cases:
- You have withdrawn your consent for processing
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
- You have raised a well-founded objection to the processing
- Your personal data has been unlawfully processed by us
- There is a legal obligation to delete the data
- Transfer of data; you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data that has been provided to us.
- Right of objection; you always have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that takes place on the basis of a legitimate interest, unless there are other compelling legitimate grounds that weigh more heavily on the processing.
Questions or complaints?
If you have questions about this decision or disagree with the way in which we process your personal data or handle your rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of HilverdaKooij B.V., Mr A.D. Glorie. You can also submit a complaint to the Authority for Personal Data, www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.